Speaker Series & Nature Events
Part of SRLT's mission is to bring people to nature and to educate a diverse group of people about the natural woods and waters around them. Whether you enjoy a speaker talk or participate in a Nature Event you will enjoy educational experiences and have fun. Please keep checking back for updates to this page!
Payment for events is on a sliding scale. A suggested donation of $10 is recommended, but we won't turn anyone away. We just request that you donate whatever you can to help us to continue to bring you nature-based events
- Thu, May 19VassalboroMay 19, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PMVassalboro, 934 Main St, Vassalboro, ME 04989, USAOver the past five years, the Alewife Restoration Initiative has removed or built fishways at six dams on Outlet Stream in Vassalboro, reconnecting China Lake to the Sebasticook River and the ocean. Come celebrate the completion of this project.
- Sat, Jun 04BentonJun 04, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PMBenton, Clinton Ave, Benton, ME 04901, USAGrab your PFD's and join SRLT for a paddle downriver to observe the fish run and animals attracted to it. Bring your canoe or kayak and meet off Rt 100 (Clinton Ave.) at Alewife Rd (not on Google), at the power line cut just north of the Winslow town line.
- Sat, Jul 09UnityJul 09, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PMUnity, Conner Mill, Unity, ME 04988, USAYou are invited to join board member, Trevanna Frost Grenfell for a relaxed summer stroll along the banks of Sandy Stream. You will learn about, admire, and sample wild edible and medicinal plants. Meet at SRLT’s Connor Mill Trailhead.
- Wed, Jul 20UnityJul 20, 3:00 PM – 4:30 PMUnity, Unity, ME, USATake part in an eco-spiritual outing designed to intimately engage the mind and senses with the surrounding forests and stream. Meet Peter Wohl, spiritual director at Treetop Zen Center, at Moulton's Mill Preserve trailhead where 25 Mile Stream crosses Rt. 139 (2.3 miles west of Unity).
- Sat, Aug 06Unity
- Wed, Aug 17UnityAug 17, 3:00 PM – 4:30 PMUnity, Unity, ME, USATake part in an eco-spiritual outing designed to intimately engage the mind and senses with the surrounding forests and stream. Meet Peter Wohl, spiritual director at Treetop Zen Center, at Moulton's Mill Preserve trailhead where 25 Mile Stream crosses Rt. 139 (2.3 miles west of Unity).
- Sat, Sep 10Unity
- Wed, Jul 14Online Zoom Speaker Series Event
- Wed, May 05Online via Zoom
- Thu, Jun 11Newport Cultural CenterJun 11, 2020, 6:30 PMNewport Cultural Center, 154 Main St, Newport, ME 04953, USAGrassland birds as a whole have suffered the steepest declines of all birds in the U.S. Come listen to Laura Suomi-Lecker discuss grassland bird species and habitat needs as well as ways for farmers and other land managers to co-exist with nesting bird populations.
- Thu, Apr 09Postponed due to Covid - check back late
OUTDOOR LEARNING ADVENTURE
The programs are open to the public. A $5.00 donation is suggested. These "adventures" are group walks or paddles through SRLT and area lands or waters.