Speaker Series & Nature Events
Part of SRLT's mission is to bring people to nature and to educate a diverse group of people about the natural woods and waters around them. Whether you enjoy a speaker talk or participate in a Nature Event you will enjoy educational experiences and have fun. Please keep checking back for updates to this page!
Payment for events is on a sliding scale. A suggested donation of $10 is recommended, but we won't turn anyone away. We just request that you donate whatever you can to help us to continue to bring you nature-based events
- Sat, Aug 20FreedomAug 20, 9:30 AM – 11:00 AMFreedom, Freedom, ME 04941, USATake part in an eco-spiritual outing designed to intimately engage the mind and senses with the surrounding forests. Meet Peter Wohl, spiritual director at Treetop Zen Center at Freedom Forest Preserve trailhead on North Palermo Rd one mile past the intersection with Greeley and Albion roads.
- Sat, Sep 10Unity
- Sat, Aug 06Unity
- Sat, Jul 23UnityJul 23, 4:00 PM – 5:30 PMUnity, Conner Mill, Unity, ME 04988, USAYou are invited to join board member, Trevanna Frost Grenfell for a relaxed summer stroll along the banks of Sandy Stream. You will learn about, admire, and sample wild edible and medicinal plants. Meet at SRLT’s Connor Mill Trailhead.
- Wed, Jul 20UnityJul 20, 3:00 PM – 4:30 PMUnity, Unity, ME, USATake part in an eco-spiritual outing designed to intimately engage the mind and senses with the surrounding forests and stream. Meet Peter Wohl, spiritual director at Treetop Zen Center, at Rines Wetland & Wildlife Preserve trailhead on the south side of Rt. 139 (~2.8 miles west of Unity).
- Sat, Jun 04BentonJun 04, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PMBenton, Clinton Ave, Benton, ME 04901, USAGrab your PFD's and join SRLT for a paddle downriver to observe the fish run and animals attracted to it. Bring your canoe or kayak and meet off Rt 100 (Clinton Ave.) at Alewife Rd (not on Google), at the power line cut just north of the Winslow town line.
- Thu, May 19VassalboroMay 19, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PMVassalboro, 934 Main St, Vassalboro, ME 04989, USAOver the past five years, the Alewife Restoration Initiative has removed or built fishways at six dams on Outlet Stream in Vassalboro, reconnecting China Lake to the Sebasticook River and the ocean. Come celebrate the completion of this project.
- Wed, Jul 14Online Zoom Speaker Series Event
- Wed, May 05Online via Zoom
OUTDOOR LEARNING ADVENTURE
The programs are open to the public. A $5.00 donation is suggested. These "adventures" are group walks or paddles through SRLT and area lands or waters.